- 1 System Requirements and Materials
- 2 Downloading & Installing RealtimeConnect
- 3 LocalRealtime Configuration
- 4 Register RealtimeConnect
- 5 Configure Input Settings
- 6 CAT Software Setup
- 7 Realtime Indicator
- 8 Connect The Router
- 9 Start LocalRealtime Session
- 10 Connecting Viewing Devices
- 11 Using LiveNote, Bridge, CaseviewNet, etc.
- 12 Providing Both Local and Remote Streaming
- 13 Troubleshooting FAQ
System Requirements and Materials
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 operating system with .NET Framework 3.5+ installed.
- Active CAT software with Realtime output capability.
- Stenography machine connected via cable or bluetooth.
- LocalRealtime License purchased with a LiveLitigation router.
Downloading & Installing RealtimeConnect
- Download RealtimeConnectSetup.exe from this link:
- Once downloaded, Run the RealtimeConnectSetup.exe file.
- Accept The Terms of the License Agreement.
- Click Install. This may take a few minutes.
- Click Finish and the installation is now complete.
- Open RealtimeConnect from the icon on your desktop.
- The First Time Setup window will appear, which displays an abbreviated set of instructions.
- Click OK to dismiss the window.
- Click Registration Required.
- Copy your Request ID and email it to email@example.com
- You will receive your license key via email.
- Enter (or copy and paste) the 16 digit key into the four boxes, and Click Register.
- You can now select LocalRealtime on the main window.
Configure Input Settings
- Select either Bridge or Caseview.
- COM Port displayed should be used in your CAT Software (default COM 21).
- NOTE: If COM 21 is already in use on your computer, RealtimeConnect will substitute the next available port.
CAT Software Setup
Open your CAT software and configure the Output as follows:
We recommend using the Bridge format (with BAUD Rate 38400). If your CAT software does not support Bridge, you must use the Caseview format.
- Bridge (38400 BAUD rate)
- Caseview (2400 BAUD rate)
- COM 21
Select your CAT software from the list below for detailed instructions:
When writing in your file, the Data I/O indicator will increase in number.
This indicates that steno data is being successfully sent from your CAT Software to RealtimeConnect.
Connect The Router
Connect the LiveLitigation router to your computer:
- Connect the included Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the router.
- Connect the included USB cable to the Power port on the router.
- Connect both cables to available ports on your computer.
- Note: If your computer is not equipped with an Ethernet port, you may use an Ethernet-to-USB adapter. If you need additional USB ports, you may also use a powered USB hub.
If your Router appears different from the above, expand the section below for additional images.
2nd Generation LocalRealtime Router:
1st Generation LocalRealtime Router:
NOTE: Close RealtimeConnect before connecting your router.
- Connect the router to your computer via the included Ethernet cable.
- Use the Blue router port #1, and the ethernet port on your computer.
- Connect the router to power.
NOTE: If you wish to remain connected to the Internet while streaming LocalRealtime:
- Hardwire your router's Internet/WAN port to an Internet source via Ethernet.
- OR -
- Connect your computer to a WiFi network with Internet access.
In RealtimeConnect, the IP Address will update to display a 10.10.10.xx address.
Start LocalRealtime Session
- With the router connected, you will see a Realtime IP Address of 10.10.10.xx.
- Set a Password for the session.
- Set a Transcript Order Code.
- Click Connect.
- When Local Connected appears under Current Activity, you are ready connect viewing devices.
Connecting Viewing Devices
Click Here for Viewing on a Mobile Device (iPad, Kindle, Android Tablet).
Click Here for Viewing on a PC or Mac Computer
Using LiveNote, Bridge, CaseviewNet, etc.
To use 3rd party litigation software, See: Using LiveDepoRelay
Providing Both Local and Remote Streaming
Streaming Local and Remote requires use of the Local router and an Internet connection.
Click to expand the options below for a diagram of proper Remocal setup.
Option A - Enable WiFi:
Option B - Hardwire Router:
Please Note: Firewall ports may need to be opened at the actual facility where the deposition is taking place if you are streaming remotely.
- Firewall Ports: TCP 1935, 80, 443.
If you experience issues connecting or have any other technical support related questions please contact LiveLitigation Support
|Website www.livelitigation.com||Email firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone +1 (888) 337-6411 ext 1|